Friday, June 3, 2011

30 for 30

So I suppose I should clarify what the "30 for 30" is.

I came across an amazing blog last week called Kendi Everday. I soon disovered what she has slated as the "30 for 30" challenge. The basics (just basics, no rules here!) are this: take 30 articles of clothing, including outwear, shoes, tops, cardigans, everything but accessories, and make 30 outfits from them. On top of this there is the challenge, if you want, to not shop for 30 days. What this project is meant to do is let you re-discover your wardrobe, and appreciate what you already have. And the next one (her 5th I believe) starts on June 13th.

This is going to be hard for me! So I've decided a few "rules" of my own. These 30 outfits do not have to happen in 30 days, likely they will only come from me M-F as I work an office job, and need to look decent most of the time. I'll probably throw in a few on the weekends, when I can. Also, as for the no shopping.... this will the hardest part for me. I love shopping, and I work downtown in a big city so there are amazing stores around every corner. I plan to limit myself to only shopping at thrift stores for 30 days. Now, I never really do this so that will be a challenge in itself.

Well, I think that about covers it. I have already started deciding which clothes will take part in this lovely project and I plan to photograph each of them so we can see what I'm working with.

Wish me luck! And good luck to all the other lovely ladies participating this go-around!

2 comments:

Nav said...

Good Luck Honey! You and I should follow each other as we do the challenge together. I work in an office 9-5 too so most of the outfits be officey-outfit and some casual outfits on the weekend :) I am following you. come check out my blog:

xo Nav
http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

Talia said...

Thanks Nav! I got over to your blog and started following! I'm looking forwards to having someone else to join in the 30 for 30 challenge!

Thanks again for the follow!